With patient safety as the ultimate outcome, healthcare organizations must fundamentally transform themselves to move toward a goal of zero defects. Versant® transforms healthcare organizations by implementing an integrated competency-based system and measuring outcomes through a series of performance and process metrics.
Versant’s Competency-Based System provides partner organizations a comprehensive and systemic approach to:
- Measuring and evaluating clinical competencies throughout each nurse’s career
- Identifying and remediating competency gaps through further education
- Onboarding and transitioning nurses into competent and confident practitioners
- Transitioning experienced nurses into a new specialty area of practice
- Tracking outcomes to demonstrate, in real time, program ROI and effectiveness
The Versant New Graduate Nurse Residency™ (VNGNR™) originated in 1999 at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles as a department-based capability with a focus on research and outcomes. In 2004, Versant was formed with the mission to improve patient outcomes across the entire health care industry.